Field Application Specialist
Reporting to the Associate Director, this exciting and challenging role involves working closely with the sales team to provide a high-quality level of technical expertise, consultancy and representation, ensuring the successful application of the products to customers’ research.
This role will suit someone with a strong commitment to customer service and satisfaction.
- Working closely with the sales team to provide high quality, effective technical expertise to customers and prospective customers in territories and provide effective back-up technical support to other regions through a thorough knowledge of products and effective communication of applications related to these products
- Participating in the organization and running of seminars, exhibitions and similar “on-site” activities at key accounts and congresses in the relevant territories
- Managing key customer relationships from a technical perspective to ensure success
- Providing technical consultations on products and related applications as part of the all sales cycle
- Tracking, recording and documenting relevant information from all technical enquiries from customers and prospective customers into the CRM
- Monitoring the competition and market development and reporting findings
- Frequent travel is expected as part of this role.
- Preferably based in the UAE already
- PhD in life sciences or equivalent commercial experience.
- Background of lab experience in genetics, molecular biology, cell biology and related fields.
- Theoretical knowledge and practical experience of experimental design, appropriate sample preparation methodologies and appropriate analysis leading to new ways of measuring biological phenomena are highly desirable.
- Experience in working in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Communication and interpersonal skills are a key strength, and you have the technical competency to understand and clearly discuss fundamental theory and principles of experimental design, techniques and results; and to provide information back to customers in a helpful, courteous, positive and professional manner.
- Able to work effectively both with internal departments and internationally.
- You're a competent user of Microsoft Office and ideally will have used SalesForce or a similar CRM database.
- FLUENCY in Arabic would be A PLUS
- Commercial experience should be in a support or customer facing role.
- Experience in presenting and/or training other scientists and have excellent troubleshooting, writing and editing skills.
***Please note that suitable candidates will be contacted within 5 days. If you are not contacted by us, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion***